Saturday, July 2, 2011

Summer, at last!

So much to update!
Summer is in full swing, it's so great. I love being warm and late night swims.
Big news is I'm going on a reading tour in August. My friend Dave Roche and I were planning a tour and found out our friends Xavi and Jim were planning a tour at the same time, so we combined efforts for one mega zine reading tour! Here are the tentative dates:
Aug 12th Grand Rapids
Aug 13th Cleveland
Aug 14th Pittsburgh
Aug 15th Philly
Aug 16th NYC
Aug 17th Baltimore
Aug 18th Columbus
Aug 19th Louisville
Aug 20th Bloomington
Very excited! If you are in any of these cities, please come out, or let me know if you can help out in any way.

I've been busy letterpressing away. Myself and 3 other girls are actually looking at spaces to try and open our own studio up North.
I printed a new edition of my book Aurthur and the Whale. Here's the set up:
Printed at 64th St print shop that I helped open up
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I'm really happy with the way they turned out.

Also, here's a funny article my friend Elizabeth wrote about me:



3 comments:

  1. hey leslie! joelle here.
    where is the reading in
    grand rapids? i usually
    don't hear about stuff
    going on because i'm not
    on facebook and i want to
    make sure i don't miss it.

    hope you're well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Joelle!
    Here's the info for the Grand Rapids reading:
    August 12th
    (106) Gallery & Studio/Calvin Gallery
    106 S. Division
    Grand Rapids, MI
    7pm

    really excited about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh dear! i completely forgot
    the date of the event. i am
    so sad. i've been super occupied
    with finding an apartment this
    last week and i wasn't thinking
    about the date. i hope that you will
    come again sometime! how did it go?
    i am really bummed i missed it.

    ReplyDelete