Sunday, August 7, 2011

Tour Time

I'm leaving on tour Friday for a week and a half with three talented friends Dave Roche, Jim Joyce and Xavier Maldonado. Here are the dates and places for the tour, if you're around please come say hi!
tour poster

Aug 11th Chicago, IL 826CHI (1331 N Milwaukee 7pm)
Aug 12th Grand Rapids, MI Calvin Gallery (106 S. Division 7pm)
Aug 13th Cleveland, OH Soggy Dog House (tentative)
Aug 14th Pittsburgh, PA Cyberpunk Apocolypse (5431 Carnegie St 7pm)
Aug 15th Philly, PA Wooden Shoe Bookstore (704 South Street 7pm)
Aug 16th New York, NY Book Thug Nation (100 North 3rd St 7pm)
Aug 17th Baltimore, MD Red Emma's (tentative)
Aug 18th Columbus, OH luka House (2131 luka ave 7pm)
Aug 19th Louisville, KY Quills Coffee Shop (930 Baxter 7pm)
Aug 20th Bloomington, IN Boxcar Books (408 6th St 7pm)

I'm very excited to take my work on the road. I love having the instant feedback of a crowd, it's pretty amazing.
I've been binding like crazy to make copies to take out. I will have copies of my new edition of Aurthur and the Whale.

I drew this comic for a zine about nannying that Jami Sailor asked me to contribute to. I'm very excited to see the finished product!
nannyzine pg1
nannyzine pg2

And in other huge news-Chicago Zine Fest 2012 date has been set. Please mark your calendars!postcardtrial9

In personal news I have a new amazing roommate Sara Drake. It's awesome to have a roommate working on stuff and to have work nights. She is right now working on raising money for an amazing trip she is planning to go to Cambodia and work with women there on making comics. It's pretty incredible and a great cause. Please, think about donating to her kickstarter to try and help fund it. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/178882708/comics-in-cambodia?ref=live

Hope to see some of you on tour!

No comments:

Post a Comment