Sunday, April 29, 2012

Dealing with Sharks

At a coffee shop playing Dinosaur Jr, not a bad way to spend a gray Sunday afternoon.  I'm ready for summer.  Ready for warmth and excitement.  I'm tired of spring.  Tired of gray days and heavy hearts.   I'm lucky I have such awesome friends who support each other and are open with each other even when things are bad and scary.  It makes me proud but also sad and frustrated with the people who try to threaten that or take it away.  So I made a comic about it.  Sticking with the sea creatures for now.
shark pg1
shark pg2

I'm also hosting a reading this week at the Read/Write library that my friend and former tourmate is reading at.  Here is the flyer I made for it:
may 2nd reading

This week is my 30th birthday, so I'll be suddenly in my 30's, which I'm excited for.  I definitely thought being 30 would look different..but I'm not worrying about it too much.  I'm sure you'll read my comics about it in the future!

1 comment:

  1. I am really loving your color comics Leslie! They look so nice and professional (for lack of a better word, buy I guess being a pro isn't bad either). My favorite is the jar of shark teeth.

    ReplyDelete